Terms and Conditions
- When placing an order online please note that not every item is always in stock as we offer a wide selection of furniture and some items are available to order only. Once we receive notification of an order we will contact you via email to confirm the items ordered are in stock and if not when they would next be available and approximate lead time. As we use a secure payment gateway (Sagepay) payment is taken at the time of order. If an item is out of stock and you are not able to wait we will issue a refund.
- We aim to hold stock of our most popular lines in the standard sizes and finishes in our warehouse. We continually have these items on order with our supplier to reduce lead-time from order if an order is placed and the item is not in stock. Please note that orders received for some larger items of furniture including display cabinets and painted furniture are only placed with our supplier once we receive an order and can take approximately 12-16 weeks to arrive into our warehouse for delivery.
- If you would like to check availability of any of our lines please contact us directly by emailing [email protected] or calling our office on 01531 633 333.
- A 25% deposit is required for all orders placed for goods that are out of stock and the goods will then be ordered in especially for you. Therefore deposits made are non refundable if orders are cancelled. All bespoke furniture orders are non-returnable and non-refundable as they are custom made for you as agreed when ordered. Once your order has been placed with Lock Stock and Barrel Furniture Ltd the order is placed with our manufacturer on your behalf and we are financially obligated to purchase the furniture order from our manufacturer. Therefore we do not generally accept order cancellations. Any exceptions made to the cancellation policy will be solely at our discretion. All deposits made against bespoke furniture orders and specially made items are non-refundable.
- As most of our furniture is currently imported from time to time our shipments are delayed for reasons completely out of our control and therefore we cannot accept any responsibility for any orders that are late due to a delay with a shipment and container arrival. We aim to keep clients informed of any delays and always provide accurate lead-times where possible.
- All of our furniture is hand made and small imperfections are part of the natural character of the furniture. Each piece is hand crafted and may vary slightly from the one shown on the website. All measurements listed on the website are approximate and we cannot guarantee exact measurements due to the hand made nature of the furniture. Some of the standard painted finishes like antique white are produced to have an antiqued, distressed appearance which can be confused as imperfections but is the desired effect of the finish. Manufacturers finish and colour can vary therefore we cannot guarantee the finish will match when ordering at a later date. We always do our best to match furniture for you but we cannot accept returns for furniture that does not match existing furniture.
- We have made every effort to portray the correct colouring of our finishes on the website. Colour can vary on different monitors and printers. When supplying furniture we always do our best to supply the same colour finish for each order. The standard wax polish finish supplied is a medium brown mahogany colour (stain C). We can supply lighter or darker wax polish finishes to order if required. Wood samples can be provided to show the different shades available to order.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to understand the dimensions of the furniture ordered and to ensure that it will fit in the desired position within your home. It is therefore very important to check that there is adequate access and space to get the furniture in. Most of our furniture arrives assembled in one piece. Beds and four poster beds arrive in pieces for ease of access and delivery. Some of the larger items including desks and wardrobes arrive in several pieces. We can provide additional details if required. We can offer an assembly service on delivery for some items if required, at an additional charge. Please enquire for more details.
- Any breakages or short deliveries should be notified to us immediately, within 24 hours of receipt. All of the furniture we supply is delivered with our own furniture specialist courier and we ask that this is checked on delivery and signed for as received in good condition. If an item is signed as unchecked we cannot accept responsibility for any damage found.
- If you are unhappy with an item it can be returned with the driver at the time of delivery for a full refund less the delivery fee of £70.00. If the item is not returned at the time of delivery an administration and collection fee of £120.00 will be charged and this will be deducted from the final refund made for the item once collected and returned in its original condition. Goods need to be returned undamaged and in there original packaging.
- We offer to replace or refund furniture which has a genuine manufacturer fault notified to us with proof of fault within 12 months from date of collection or delivery.
- As a furniture importing company we welcome sales from the general public and also continue to supply furniture to trade companies. Please see trade page for more information or contact us for a trade application form at [email protected]
- SPECIFIC TERMS FOR TRADE CUSTOMERS:
- When placing an order we require a 20% deposit on out of stock items, which is non-refundable if the order is cancelled. Unfortunately we are unable to place an order with our supplier until the deposit has been received. Once your item is received into stock we will contact you for the balance payment which should be paid within 14 days. Once the balance is received your order will be passed to our courier to arrange delivery. If you would prefer to arrange your own collection we would request that you let us have at least 48 hours notice. This will allow time for our warehouse staff to have it ready for you.
- Unfortunately we are unable to hold orders in our warehouse for longer than 8 weeks unless this has been specifically agreed beforehand. We have regular container deliveries and do not have sufficient space to hold stock in storage. A charge of £10 per item, per week will be made for items that are not collected after the 8 weeks have passed.
Showroom and Visiting
- We encourage customers to visit our showroom where we have a selection of furniture on display to show the quality and finishes we provide. As we have a large range of furniture we do not have everything on display. Therefore we encourage customers to contact us before visiting if possible so that we can arrange to display items of interest if we have them in stock. .
- We are open for viewing and enquiries Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- Payment can be made by credit and debit cards, we accept MasterCard, Visa, Maestro/Switch, Visa Electron and Solo, bank deposit or cash on collection. We do not accept payment by American express.
- All prices listed on the website are inclusive of VAT charged at 20%.
- All prices listed on the website are subject to change without notice. Prices will be confirmed on placement of order and any amendments will be discussed with you before payment is taken.
- Payment is to be made in full before the goods are dispatched from our warehouse, unless payment on delivery has been agreed by prior arrangement.
- All goods remain the property of Lock Stock and Barrel Furniture Ltd until they have been paid for in full.
Delivery Terms and Conditions
Our standard delivery covers England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
England and Wales
We offer free standard delivery to England and Wales.
We can arrange delivery to most areas of Scotland. Please check the 3 delivery bands below for more information.
Band A – There is a surcharge of £65 to deliver to the following postcode areas:
All AB postcodes, all DD postcodes, all DG postcodes, all EH postcodes, all FK postcodes, all G postcodes, IV1-IV16, IV30-IV36, IV63, KA1-KA26, KA29 & KA30, all KY postcodes, all ML postcodes, PA1-PA19, PH1-PH26, PH30-PH32, PH34, PH49 & PH50, all TD postcodes.
Band B – We can quote to deliver to the following postcode areas using a forwarding company:
All HS postcodes, IV21-IV23, IV40-IV55, KA27 & KA28, KW15-KW17, PA20, PA23, PA29, PA34, PA42-PA49, PA60-PA78, PH33, PH42-PH44, ZE1.
Band C – Unfortunately we do not deliver to the following postcode areas:
IV17-IV20, IV24-IV28, IV56, KW1-KW14, PA21 & PA22, PA24-PA28, PA30-PA33, PA35-PA38, PA41, PA80, PH35-PH41, ZE2 & ZE3
We can arrange delivery to Ireland please contact us for a quote.
Although we do not deliver to the Isle of Wight, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands we can deliver to the nearest port for you to arrange onward delivery by your shipping agent. Alternatively you are welcome to arrange collection from ourselves by courier or in person. Please feel free to contact us to discuss these options. Please note that once an order is collected or we have delivered it to your shipping agent we cannot be held responsible for loss or damage.
If you are unsure whether you qualify for free delivery, will incur an additional charge or require a quote just add your chosen items to the basket and enter your postcode. You will then be advised whether your order qualifies for free delivery or if a surcharge will apply. Alternatively you may be asked to supply additional information so that we can provide you with a quote.
We aim to deliver within 10-15 working days from date of order assuming payment has been received for all items of furniture that are in stock. We use an independent furniture specialist courier to deliver all of our furniture who have experience in handling furniture with care. Please note that deliveries to Scotland and Ireland may take longer than this due to the distance involved. We aim to deliver to all areas within 28 working days. Please note we do not deliver internationally but we have been able to deliver to parts of France and Europe. Please contact us direct for more information.
The 2 man delivery service provided includes safe delivery of the furniture into your home. Any restricted access, steps etc should be notified prior to delivery. Standard delivery does not include assembly. Please note the delivery is occasionally made by one driver and he may need assistance for delivery of larger items.
The carriers are not insured for any incident which may take place while delivering within your home. Therefore even though they can be obliged to help deliver your furniture into your home they cannot be held responsible for any damage which may be caused while providing additional help to deliver furniture beyond the van. Our delivery drivers, while taking care when delivering your items, are not responsible for any damage, scratches or marks caused to your floors or floor coverings e.g. carpets. It is your responsibility to put down protective material i.e. sheets on your floors to protect them. We ensure that all the goods are checked before they are dispatched and leave our warehouse for any defects. The furniture is adequately wrapped to prevent damage in transit. We ensure the courier company transport your goods with care.
The delivery company will contact the customer by phone with delivery details prior to the delivery day, giving as much notice as possible. Usually 2-3 days. Therefore it is important to provide the best contact number for the courier when placing an order as well as providing the correct address details in full at time of order so the delivery is not delayed.
All of the vehicles operate a multi-drop facility, so unfortunately it is not possible to state an exact delivery time, but they will inform you of the day of the delivery and whether delivery will be am or pm. They can also provide notice of arrival en route if required.
We offer an assembly service for some of our items of furniture including beds and knock down wardrobes. If this additional service is required this needs to be discussed at the time of order, we will then provide a quote accordingly. We are unfortunately not able to offer assembly in all areas.
- Any special offers that we may be running from time to time are not applicable on bespoke items of furniture.
- We are unable to offer a bespoke service on walnut furniture.
- Due to copyright the contents of the website and images are not permitted to be used without the permission of Lock Stock and Barrel Furniture Ltd.
- Any item that is bespoke and 'made to order' is non returnable as this is specially made to specify requirements and not a stock item